Skin oiliness is a common problem. First of all you need to recognize your skin type that is how much waxy or oily it is. Skin oiliness problem may vary from person to person. Sebum is a substance that comes out from the skin. It protects & hydrates the skin. When this oily & waxy substance comes out in extra quantity it leads to acne and pimple problems. Oily skin requires a regular care. Everybody face this problem once a while in his/ her life.
Symptoms of Oily Skin
- Genetics may play a major role in how oily the skin becomes.
- Hormone imbalance also leads to the skin oiliness.
- High stress level increases the skin oiliness.
- Skin oiliness majorly occurs on the face of the person.
- Too much waxy and oily substance comes of the skin called as sebum.
Causes of Oily Skin
- Greasy and shiny appearance on the skin.
- Large pores on the skin.
- Skin becomes rough.
- Pimples may occur on the skin.
- Skin may get damage if makeup mixes with sebum.
Ways to Prevent Oily Skin
- Wash your face regularly. This can reduce the amount of oil on the skin.
- Use good quality face wash, soap and warm water.
- Use toner to tone the skin and to take care of large pores to make them smaller.
- Gently dry your skin with soft towel.
- Avoid the use of moisturizer on oily skin.
- Reduce high stress level with regular yoga practice.
- Don’t scrub your face with wet towel to remove oil from the skin.
- Good to use blotting papers a specifically designed absorbent paper helps to pull oil from the skin.
- Take healthy diet.
- Avoid oily and fast food.
- Hydrate your body.
- You can use clay, honey and oatmeal individually as a facial mask. These facial masks are beneficial for oily skin.
- Consult the dermatologist to prevent any serious complication.