Diarrhea occurs when you have loose, watery & more frequent bowel motions. In most of the cases, symptoms of diarrhea resolve on their own without any medication. The diarrhea which stays for 2 to 3 days goes away on its own. It commonly affects people of all age groups. When symptoms of diarrhea stay for 3 weeks or more is call as chronic diarrhea. Now in this situation you should consult your doctor immediately. Here you will come to know the symptoms, causes & how you can treat diarrhea.
Symptoms of Diarrhea
In common symptoms of diarrhea:-
- You may have loose watery stools rapidly
- Frequent Abdominal pain, cramps takes place
- You may suffer from fever
- Increase in the frequency of the bowel movements
- You will feel weakness in the body
- Your may feel tiredness
- Mucus, blood, pus in stools
- Vomiting take place
- Use of toilet increase
Causes of Diarrhea
Diarrhea can be caused through number of diseases or disorders:-
- Viral infection like rotavirus, norovirus
- Bacterial Infection like salmonella
- Medicine for chronic disease (mostly antibiotics)
- Due to any surgery
- Due to difficulty in digesting lactose & fructose
How to Cure and Treat Diarrhea
Different age groups need different treatments to cure diarrhea.
- Tips to Cure diarrhea in infants & children:-
- Diarrhea easily attack infants & children whose immunity system is weaker.
- As fever, vomiting & loose stools are the symptoms of diarrhea, so children become dehydrated faster and therefore need early re-hydration.
- Consult your pediatrician to identify & treat unusual infection.
- Follow the instruction of your pediatrician on the proper use of oral re-hydration items for consumption.
- Make the breastfeed or formula-feed of Infants continue during the rehydration phase of their illness.
- Tips to Cure diarrhea in adults & old age people:-
- When adults & old age people are suffering from diarrhea soft drinks with sugar, sports drinks like Gatorade & water can be use to avoid dehydration.
- Continue consuming solid foods when there is no vomiting or nausea.
You can consume solid food like cereals, rice, banana, potato, low fat products & lactose free product during diarrhea.