Protein plays an important role in the development of your body. Every cell of your body contains protein. Protein helps your body to make new cells & repairs old ones. Protein is a macro-nutrient like carbohydrates and fat, your body need large amount of it to stay healthy. Vitamins & minerals are micro-nutrients; your body needs it in small amount as compare to protein.
Why you need to get enough Protein?
- Your body needs it to develop new tissues and repair damage tissues.
- Your body needs it to maintain the required amount of hormones, enzymes and other body chemicals.
- Protein is a building block of skin, muscles, bones, blood and cartilage.
- Unlike carbohydrates and fat, your body does not store protein. Add protein enrich food in your diet to get the right amount of protein.
Functions of Protein
- Protein makes your body components.
- It supports your body function.
- It gives shapes to the cells.
- It ensures the cell & muscle movement.
- It is a major source of amino acids for growing organisms.
- It is also helpful to fight against infections.
- It is helpful to transfer the signals between the cells.
- It maintains the required level of various body chemicals.
Consume Protein Rich Food
During digestion the protein enrich food is broken down into small parts known as amino acids. Your body needs these amino acids in large amount to maintain good health.
There are different sources available that help you to fulfill the requirement of protein in the body like eggs, meat, fish, milk, soy, beans, legumes and nut butters.
- Consuming high protein rich diet helps you to reduce muscle loss.
- It helps you to maintain a healthy weight.
- It is helpful to get faster recovery after exercise.
Problems with the Deficiency of Protein
- Muscle gets weak.
- Muscle and joint pain.
- Immunity system gets weaker.
- Anemia problem occurs.
- Liver not works properly.
- Low blood pressure.
- Swelling on feet & ankles.
- Thin hairs and hair loss.
- Get peeling skin.
- Ridges in the nails.