Weight of the children should be increase according to their age. If you’re concerned that your child is not growing normally, then you need to consult your doctor. If there is problem with child’s diet your doctor will guide you that will help you to bring your child to a healthy weight. In the early age the children need more energy which comes from the balanced diet. Always keep in mind that the healthy diet of a child or toddler is not the same as that of an adult. The stomach of the children is smaller than that of an adult. Don’t give unhealthy higher calorie foods like chocolates, cakes, soft drinks to your children. Healthy & balanced diet is good to your child to increase weight. Following are the foods that help you to increase weight in your children:-
Serve Balanced Diet to Your Child
- Add food having starchy carbohydrates in your child’s diet like potato, rice, pasta, bread.
- Offer the small portions of fruits & vegetables to your child.
- Serve dairy products to your child every day.
- Add protein rich food such as eggs, meat, fish, pulses & beans in their diet.
- Add energy-dense food like yogurt, cheese & oily fish in your child’s diet.
Add Varied Drinks in Your Child’s Daily Diet
- When your child is 1 year old add water & plain cow milk in his/her diet.
- If your child is 2 years old you should serve semi-skimmed milk to your child instead of full fat milk.
- If your child is not growing according to his/ her age, your doctor may recommend you to give full fat milk to your child.
- Give fruit juice or smoothie to child. As fruits juices are a rich source of vitamins and minerals
- Your child should drink minimum 6 to 8 glasses water daily, as recommended by experts.
Essential Vitamins & Calories
Now days, most of the health departments of different countries around the globe recommend that Vitamin A, C and D drops are given to all children aged between six months to five years.
Serve healthy high calorie food to your child until they get the healthy weight.
Physical Workout is Must
When you are concerned that your child is underweight, you should motivate your child to do some physical workout or play outdoor games. Physical activities will help them to develop strong, healthy bones & muscles & refresh their mind.
Regularly check your Child’s Progress
You should regularly check your child’s weight & growth. When your child obtains healthy weight, his/her diet may be needed to adjust so they do not become overweight. You can take advice from your doctor, when your go for your child’s regular checkup.